Friday 17 April 2015

Setting Sail 




As the Harley's world trip speeds into view we are constantly dealing with a personal cocktail of excitement about connecting with the various expressions of Christian Surfers all over the world and the sadness of saying goodbye, to Friends; Family and our J-Bay Community. Or perhaps "au revoir."(To the seeing again) 





We are excited to be going and your are welcome to come along vicariously via this blog & social media as we experience the highs and lows of a family traversing the Globe.


The basic plan is head west till we are back home :)
Leaving we are finding takes a massive amount of preparation. You can't just unplug your life and set sail, well not unless you have done the necessary prep and adjustments. 

Letting GO

Step One is letting Go of all your daily weekly and longer term commitments. Letting go of Friends & Family is the hardest, but the hope of new friends and the CS family await. Saying goodbye to your perfect right hand point break is not easy either, but beaches and barrels and even river waves abound. 

On Sat 21 March 2015 I said goodbye to my role in Christian Surfers South Africa. Pretty much 22 years of my life and the full 16 years of my married life were wrapped up in this moment. It was a hard goodbye for Sharon and I...


 Christian Surfers South Africa Conference 2015
CS South Africa Conference Hand over 21 March 2015 (FB Gallery)


...however we are extremely exited for the new National Team that has picked up the reins, and we are excited to see how Christian Surfers South Africa will continue to serve the Surfing Tribe in South Africa. YOU GO GUYS ...

Picking UP

At the same time as I let go of my responsibility with Christian Surfers South Africa, I picked up the responsibilities to serve Christian Surfers internationally. I have been personally shaped and mentored by two men, one of whom is the guy who's rather large shoes I'm attempting to fill. I think Paul encapsulates it best in the below scripture 

Philippians 3:13-14

13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Ready Set Go... Vaccinations & Visas etc

Most of the Shots done one round left. Hectic telling my 7 year old he has to miss his mates party and trade a sugar high for a SHOT in the arm :( That was fun LOL
Visas applied for and waiting USA / AUS / Schengen / UK. 

Mans best friend 
At this moment this is one of the real painful unknowns of our impending trip. Our pooches are our biggest stress at the moment. They truly are mans best friend, just not so sure I'm fully reciprocating that sentiment in what lies ahead...
I'm praying desperately for a Dog Holiday. Yip we need a nice farmer who loves dogs to babysit two AWESOME dogs on an 11 month farm vacation. All food vet bills etc will be sorted by us.
come on man i know you want to go for a ride again & again & again :)
Short pictorial and sweet.... catch you next time on setting sail 



No comments:

Post a Comment